Raw & UNscripted – Dealing with loss
I’ve been very fortunate over the years to share my experiences in dealing with loss.
The loss of a loved one….
The loss of a significant partner….
The loss of jobs…..
The loss of motivation…
The loss of youth…
And the list goes on. I say “fortunate” because for one, it allows me to help see different aspects of the loss (perspective). It also reminds me to ALWAYS operate out of gratitude…well, almost always. I’m imperfect – didn’t you know?
So why I share this now? Because, I know you might be dealing with shit that feels overwhelming and insurmountable but PLEASE know you’re not alone.
We’re all in this journey together. No matter what color, sex, political affiliation, religion, etc. We all bleed figuratively and physically.
Here’s my recommendations if your’e feeling this way:
1. Focus on what you HAVE instead of what you don’t
2. Volunteer/give to those in need – it’s an IMMEDIATE way to become centered again
3. Talk to SOMEONE!!! Don’t see it as a sign of “weakness” because that’s FUCKING BULLSHIT and anyone who judges you in such a light, kick them in the money spot (figuratively of course) and find someone else!!
4. Make plans you’re excited about!
5. Grieve – whatever you’ve “lost” please don’t skip the grieving process!!! It’s important step to moving on. Otherwise you’ll find it stepping on your dreams later in life – trust me.
Much love and please reach out if you need someone!!