I’ll admit, I wasn’t a frequent listener of of Prince’s music, but truly respect him as an incredibly talented artist!
This morning, when I received the news alert he was found dead in his home, it struck me more than I ever imagined it would. But, definitely not like when I heard Robin Williams died. With him I felt a much deeper connection. I remember, tears streamed down my face for his pain and that his amazing human being was gone.
Ever have that happen? Someone you’ve never met dies, or moves on as I like to think of it, and for some reason you get more emotional than you expected?
Well, for me a couple of things have been keeping my mind busy today. And, because I need to turn tough experiences into positive ones, I want to share them with you if I may.
Here are my lessons/reminders I’m reminded of from Prince’s death:
- You never know when your time is going to be called
- No matter how much money and fame you have nothing compares to having your health and true happiness
- Life really is fucking short when you get on the backside of the years
- Don’t waste time working to make a living but instead live to make a life
- Always say your peace and goodbyes because it might be the last time you ever will – NO SHIT!
Prince was only 57 years young. I say this because I’m 47 and ten years goes by in a flash. Just ask anyone with kids!
I’ll admit I’m just a tad concerned about how fast time is flying by. Seeing my idols and celebrities I grew up with dying every other day is trippy. Shit, Doris Roberts just died and she was 90! What the fuck? When did she get to be 90??
I just felt the need to share my thoughts and feelings tonight as I process life and the next journey we’ll all face one day. So my KICKASS family – choose your people and activities wisely so you never regret your time here was wasted!
Much love and KICKASS Happiness,